Caribbean Airlines launches mobile app
Today, Caribbean Airlines launched the most recent of its digital products, the Caribbean Airlines Mobile App. The app is made for use by IOS and Android devices and features a range of tools to improve the customers’ travel experience. It really is available for Download free for Android and iOS users on the Google Play Store or the Apple App store.
The new Mobile Application enables customers to utilize their cellular devices to:
• book flights to all or any destinations serviced by Caribbean Airlines and its own interline partners
• purchase seats plus Caribbean or extra baggage
• select and check-in seats via an interactive seat map
• book a domestic flight between Trinidad and Tobago and pay in Trinidad and Tobago dollars
On the occasion of the launch of the mobile app, Caribbean Airlines CEO Garvin Medera stated: “At Caribbean Airlines we have been centered on improving our customers’ overall travel experience. Having all of the given information and options you will need close at hand definitely helps – which explains why we developed your all-in-one travel partner, the Caribbean Airlines Mobile app. The app makes booking and managing the travel experience dynamic and easy. I’m pleased that certain of the top features of the app also, may be the ability for the customers to cover flights between Tobago and Trinidad, in Trinidad and Tobago dollars. With the Caribbean Airlines Mobile App put into our digital tools we shall further revolutionise how exactly we communicate and connect to our valued customers”.
The launch happened at the University of the West Indies (UWI), St Augustine Campus, Department of Computer and Electrical Engineering (DCEE) and was attended by Professor Brian Copeland – Pro-Vice Chancellor and Campus Principal, Dr. Fasil Muddeen – Head of Computer and Electrical Engineering Department along with other senior University officials.
At the function, Caribbean Airlines welcomed several UWI DCEE students into its Summer Internship Programme also, where in fact the opportunity is had by them to focus on IT related projects alongside the airline’s IT teams.
Commenting on the function, Dr Fasil Mudeen, Head of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department said: “For days gone by 2 yrs Caribbean Airlines have participated inside our Engineering Internship course. Electrical and Computer Engineering students were offered summer internships with the CAL team and were assessed and given credits at the ultimate year. Caribbean Airlines has even continued to mentor the students post internship and also have decided to co-supervise final year projects in big data, data analytics and software development. I’d especially prefer to complement Mr Medera who had the vision to discover the need because of this digital transformation and much more importantly had the confidence in CAL’s IT department and its own engineers, our graduates, to go up to the deliver and challenge top notch solutions for the top notch airline.”
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
Aneel Ali, Caribbean Airlines, Chief Information Officer added: “Today’s launch is held at the UWI’ s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, a hub for learning and innovation. We have been pleased to strengthen alliances that will see young, aspiring minds innovate and collaborate that is critical to the development of our entire Caribbean region. We anticipate a mutually beneficial learning and working experience with this new UWI DCEE Summer Interns.”
The functionality of the Caribbean Airlines Mobile App will be rolled out in phases.
Some of the features which are immediately available include:
• Home screen that presents your upcoming flights where you could view your trip details easily and sign in 24hrs ahead of departure
• In app notifications, customers subscribe at booking or sign in once, it is possible to receive notifications for just about any irregularities which could come up throughout your flight journey around (gate changes, flight delays etc.)
• Accessible home screen icons to check on in, manage your booking and view flight status
• Capability to create and store an area profile. This personal data is stored on your own device for easy complete during booking locally. Profile information could be entered to be utilized anytime when booking &ndash once; First Name, Last Name, Caribbean Miles number, Travel document details etc.
• Menu for fast access to book a motor car, book a hotel, access flight schedules, services and info providing quick links to other unique Caribbean Airlines products such as for example Caribbean Upgrade, Club Caribbean, Caribbean Vacations, Duty Free, Caribbean Flight Notifications and much more!
• Live chat facility in order to web speak to a realtor digitally during our call centre hours.
• Help Centre quick link usage of manage to access FAQs
• Capability to book a domestic flight between Tobago and Trinidad and pay in TTD currency.
Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.