Hurricane Dorian and THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS Of The Bahamas: All Clear
Hurricane Dorian has moved from the Islands Of The Bahamas and an all clear from hurricane effects has been issued for the united states. Relief teams have already been deployed to The Abacos and Grand Bahama Island.
Islands which were not influenced by Hurricane Dorian remain are and open receiving visitors. In the Northwest Bahamas, included in these are the Bahamas capital of Nassau and neighboring Paradise Island, along with Eleuthera, Harbour Andros and Island. Islands in the Southeastern and Central Bahamas remain unaffected, like the Exumas, Cat Island, San Salvador, Rum Cay, Long Island, Acklins/Crooked Island, Ragged Island, Inagua and mayaguana.
“You can find no words to mention the grief we feel for the fellow Bahamians in The Abacos and Grand Bahama,” said Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation Minister Dionisio D’Aguilar. “This is the time to come for the siblings in need together, and help our country can get on its feet back. Anyone who wishes to provide relief support should click here for verified methods to help. We also implore travelers to keep visiting the Bahamian islands which were not influenced by Hurricane Dorian as this can help our people tremendously.”
The following is really a status update on airports, hotels, airlines and cruise schedules as of this right time. This is simply not a thorough list and visitors should check directly with airlines strongly, cruise and hotels lines regarding possible impacts to visit plans.
- Lynden Pindling AIRPORT TERMINAL (LPIA) in Nassau remains open. There were flight travelers and cancellations should contact their airlines directly for just about any schedule changes.
- Grand Bahama AIRPORT TERMINAL (FPO) is closed.
- Leonard Thompson AIRPORT TERMINAL (MHH) in Marsh Harbour, Abaco is closed.
- All other airports through the entire Bahamas are operational and open.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
- Hotels in Paradise and Nassau Island remain open.
- Hotels in The Grand and Abacos Bahama Island are closed.
- Reservation holders should contact properties for complete information directly.
FERRY, CRUISE AND PORTS
- Nassau ports are operating and open on the normal schedule, although cruise line schedules may be altered.
- Grand Bahama Island’s Freeport Harbour is closed.
- Bahamas Ferries have cancelled all sailings until further notice. Passengers seeking more info should call 242-323-2166.
- Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line’september 3 and September 5 sailings s Grand Celebration remains closed and contains cancelled.
For info on Bahamas Hurricane Dorian relief efforts, please click here.
Readers currently considering this short article or page:
Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.