Chinese travelers are trying to find adventure
When it involves adventure travelers, China can be an untapped market totaling $8.per year 2 billion, according to a fresh research.
The China Adventure Tourism Market Study, which surveyed a lot more than 300 Chinese travelers older than 18 who had taken a vacation during the past year, determined that 16.3% of respondents ¬¬— 23.49 million people — chose an adventure trip because of their last holiday. For market with outbound tourism numbers continuing to see double digit growth, this implies you can find considerable opportunities for adventure travel brands seeking to expand their product offerings for Chinese adventurers.
The 2019 study discovered that 2.7% of departures could possibly be categorized as ‘hard adventure,’ while 13.6% pursued ‘soft adventure’ experiences. Though Chinese consumers usually do not associate adventure travel with risk-taking activities necessarily, such as for example rafting or mountain biking, they do associate it with remote destinations which can be regarded as exotic and potentially dangerous.
The survey was sent with the aim of discovering just how many Chinese travelers actively seek-out adventure while on holiday. Are the report&rsquo here;s main findings:
• The full total adventure market size for China (predicated on accommodation spending only) is USD $8.per year 2B.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
• Adventure travel spend from China represents 0.64% of total international tourism spend.
• The most notable destinations for adventure travelers were USA, Thailand, Japan and australia.
• Amount of time in nature, backpacking and camping are a few of the most used activities for Chinese adventure tourists.
• 72% of Chinese adventure travelers spend between 4-10 days abroad, less than Western adventure travelers.
Readers currently considering this short article or page:
Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.