World’s best cities for scenic drives reveled
There’s something special about driving in a city pretty. Whether you crave bustle and bright lights or prefer more peaceful, panoramic views, a tour of a populous city by car supplies a sense of freedom like no other.
And now, new research reveals the very best cities to operate a vehicle in around the world – plus some of these might surprise you!
• Among the three highest-rated cities for driving (with an astounding 9.7 satisfaction rating) is Izmir, on Turkey’s west coast. The bustling markets and streets back, ancient monuments, and the azure Aegean Sea make Izmir must for just about any eager explorer.
• Cairns, on Australia’s east coast, topped the poll for city driving satisfaction also. Referred to as the gateway to the fantastic Barrier Reef, respondents described Cairns as a ‘tropical paradise’ that provides an expanse of mountains, sea and beautiful views.
• Gran Canaria, among Spain’s Canary Islands, arrived joint top in the highest-rated drives.
In fact, research implies that island driving is among our favorite things you can do. Of the most notable 20 best places to operate a vehicle in the global world, six are hawaiian islands, including destinations on the Canary Islands, the Balearics, the Cyprus and Azores.
Ponta Delgada, the administrative centre of São Miguel in the Azores, is one destination cited time and time as a company favourite again. Using its whitewashed buildings, narrow cobbled streets and superior waters, an astounding 105 people surveyed gave Ponta Delgada the average score of 9.6 city driving satisfaction.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
Of course, having a motor car provides freedom to operate a vehicle between cities and explore countries within their entirety. The study uncovered the countries offering the highest amount of top city driving experiences:
• Italy tops the poll, with seven of its city destinations achieving a satisfaction rating of 7.5 or more out of 10, including Milan, Rome and venice.
• Spain is joint top, with mainland destinations such as for example Malaga and Barcelona appearing alongside its islands as firm customer favourites.
If you’re planning for a trip over the UK, Edinburgh may be the highest-ranked city, having an overall score of 9.2 out of 10, beating rival city Glasgow, which earned a good 7 still.3. However, London came bottom of the poll for UK driving, only managing to notch up a complete of 6.8 out of ten.
One Irish destination that you may not need considered is Knock in County Mayo. Having an average score of 9.6 out of 10, respondents praised its beautiful scenery, quiet roads and tranquil pace of driving.
least popular city to operate a vehicle in is Dubrovnik
The, with the cheapest score of 6.7.
Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.