UNWTO includes a new Executive Council Chair: Hon. Najib Balala
The Hon. Minister Najib Balala interviewed by Breaking Travel News during ITB Berlin.
The Minister of Tourism of Kenya, The Hon. Today to chair the UNWTO executive council minister Najib Balala was elected.
friday through the UNWTO General Assembly in Saint Petersburg
This election occurred, Kenya.
Immediately following this important election the African Tourism Board chairman Cuthbert Ncube congratulated in saying: “The African Tourism Board congratulates the Kenyan minister, the Honorable Najib Balala t his election to lead the UNWTO Executive Council.
This can be an important achievement not merely for him but also for Africa and its own vibrant tourism and travel industry. It shows the richness and need for Africa as a driver in the global travel and tourism industry.
We’re getting excited about dealing with Kenya being an important leader in improving our Communities through Sustainable Tourism.”
Congratulations are to arrive from tourism leaders round the global world.
on September 20
Najib Balala was created, 1967 He studied Business International and Administration Urban Management and Leadership from the University of Toronto and the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.
His impressive career includes:
- Prior to venturing into Public life, Najib Balala was in the private sector in the tourism business and finally joined a grouped family tea/coffee trade business.
- He was Secretary of The Swahili Cultural Centre from 1993–1996.
- Chairman – Coast Tourist Association between 1996–1999.
- His tenure because the Mayor of Mombasa 1998–1999 witnessed an instant transformation of Mombasa into an economic hub and drastic change in the affairs at Town Hall by team leading an anti-corruption crusade.
- Chairman, Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Mombasa Chapter) from 2000–2003.
- 27 Dec 2002 to 15 Dec 2007 : Person in Parliament for Mvita Constituency
- 7 Jan 2003 – 31 June 2004: Minister for Gender, Sports, Culture and Social Services
- Jan – June 2003: Acting Minister for Labour
- 31 June – 21 Nov 2005: Minister for National Heritage
- 27 Dec 2007 to 15 Jan 2013 : Person in Parliament for Mvita Constituency
- 11 Nov 2011 to March 2012: Chairman of the UNWTO Executive Council
- 17 Apr 2008 to 26 March 2012: Minister for Tourism
- 15 May 2013 to;: Cabinet Secretary for Mining
- Currently;: Cabinet Secretary for Tourism
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
since June 2015
The Executive Council’s task would be to take all necessary measures, in consultation with the Secretary-General, for the implementation of its &lrm and decisions; recommendations of the report and Assembly thereon to the Assembly.
The Council meets at the very least twice.
The Council includes Full Members elected by the Assembly in the proportion of one Member for each five Full Members, relative to the guidelines of Procedure laid down by the Assembly with a view to achieving equitable and fair geographical distribution.
Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.